Sexual disorders of mental nature are characterized by some personal and/ or interpersonal (or otherwise) psychological dynamic, which interferes negatively in many parts of the sexual sphere.
So in case there is a sexual disorder and there aren’t any underlying physiological causes such as hormonal deficiencies, recruitment or abuse of drugs, specific physical disorders, etc.., causes are possible to be psychological.
The sexual disorders of mental nature are provoked by numerous psychological dynamics like:
- do not know the anatomy and physiology of the genitals, the times and needs of ourself and of our partner
- listen and follow certain beliefs and myths such as necessarily having a simultaneous orgasm and / or for a certain duration;
- internal conflict and guilt that lead to the avoidance of sexual pleasure in all its forms;
- psychological tensions for the partners that lead to an avoidance of sexual intercourse;
- intense and persistent anxiety and / or have a fear of failure in sexual matters (such as performance anxiety, fear of failure, fear of rejection);
- excessive self-perception and self-observation of their sexual performance and / or those of partners, with disabilities and inability to relax and indulge in sexual pleasure;
- personal psychological issues of anxiety, fear, stress, decline in mood, setting, nervousness, etc.. that prevent the normal physical and mental dynamics of the sexual act (sometimes even totally as in sexual anorexia);
- personal, religious and ideological beliefs and / or personal cognitive schemes and / or dysfunctional behavior (eg. the setting of sexual intercourse set in a predetermined manner, time and space or the certainty of getting a disease from such sexual practices).
The reactivity of the person and sexual functioning is characterized by the so-called “Sexual Response”, i.e., a cycle which consists of four distinct phases, but are united with each other and strictly necessary for the occurrence of one another.
Sexual disorders and frequently the most important are:
- Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
- Sexual Aversion Disorder
- Female sexual arousal disorder
- Male erectile disorder (ED)
- Male and Female Orgasmic Disorder (Frigidity female / psoblematica ejaculation / retarded male)
- premature Ejaculation
- Gender Identity Disorder
- PANIC ATTACKS
- OBSESSIONAL NEUROSIS
- SEXUAL ABUSE
- EATING DISORDERS
- PSYCHOSOMATIC DISORDERS
- PERSONALITY DISORDERS
- SEXUAL DISORDERS
- SLEEP DISORDERS
- COUPLE’S PROBLEMS
- CHILDHOOD ISSUE
- THE POST TRAUMATIC STRESS SYNDROMES
- THE BURN-OUT SYNDROME